These are our most frequently asked legal questions based on customer feedback from i-502

What is the age requirement on possessing cannabis?

You must be 21 years old or above to legally possess cannabis in the State of Washington.

Is there a limit on how much cannabis I can possess?

It is now legal in the State of Washington for adults to possess one ounce of usable cannabis,  16 ounces of cannabis-infused product in solid form (such as in baked goods) or 72 ounces of cannabis-infused product liquid form for recreational purposes.  We must enforce these limits by restricting transactions that exceed these amounts.

What is the limit to the amount of THC in my blood where I would be considered to be driving impaired?

Drivers are considered impaired if the THC concentration per milliliter of blood exceeds 5 nanograms. This limit refers to active THC in the blood,  not the inactive metabolites measured in a workplace urine test, which can remain in the blood for days or weeks after cannabis use.  In order to obtain the blood test, police must have made an arrest for DUI based on observations of the driver’s behavior.

What restrictions are there on public use of cannabis?

You can have the legal limit of cannabis on your person, but can not display or use it in public, such as at parks, on sidewalks or in bars or restaurants. If you are caught using cannabis in public, it will be treated as a civil infraction. You also can not use or display any cannabis products on or around our business property.

Are there any other restricted areas I should be aware of?

Use or possession of cannabis remains a criminal act on federal lands, including National Parks and National Forests, such as the Mt. Baker Ski area, which is on National Forest land. In the case of facilities that receive federal funds, the federal law takes precedence.  Also, while Western Washington University has designated tobacco smoking areas, it is a recipient of federal funding.  As a result, Western must continue to abide by federal laws and regulations. Western Washington University campus policy prohibits the use and possession of cannabis on campus.

Also be aware that any purchase or use of cannabis is still technically illegal under federal law.  However, pursuing cases against individuals who are complying with state laws is not currently a priority for the federal government.

What are the restrictions on transportation of the product?

Transportation of cannabis products across the state line or across international borders is illegal.  Additionally, it remains illegal to take cannabis through airport security. If TSA’s screening procedures, which are governed by federal law, discover an item that may violate Federal law, TSA will refer the matter to law enforcement which may result in a criminal investigation.

Can I sell cannabis product that I purchase to my friends or family?

Production, processing or sale of cannabis without a valid state license is illegal. This includes any sales of products to friends or family that you possess if you do not have a valid state license.  You may, however, give away product for free to anyone age 21 and over.

How much taxes am I being charged on the product I purchase?

Per RCW 69.50.535 and WAC 314-55-089, all retail licensees are required to remit to the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board an excise tax of 37 percent on all taxable sales of cannabis, cannabis concentrates, useable cannabis, and cannabis-infused products. This tax is in addition to any/all applicable general, state, and local sales and use taxes, and is part of the total retail price.  The sales prices you see in all our products have all applicable taxes already included.

What is your return policy?

We will gladly accept your return on any unopened, unused or defective merchandise within 7 DAYS of your date of purchase and issue you a full refund. We do not accept returns on opened product unless it is defective. Defective product includes leaking, cracked, or clogged cartridges as well as cartridges & vape equipment with mechanical issues. In order to comply with WA state law, products being returned must be in the original packaging with the lot, batch, or inventory ID number fully legible. A copy of the original receipt is also required. Please contact the product producer if you are dissatisfied with the product taste, quality, or consistency; we are not able to accept returns for the reasons.

Leave Trovecannabis.com?

You’re about to leave this site. Continue?